I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments)

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare Clary is not very likable super hero is she? Full of pity and self loathing. I was so wishing her and Jace were in fact brother and sister and they had some kind of creepy love chid.

Ok let me explain why I am giving this a two star review and why not a 1 or not a 5 star. First off for me a 5 star is a book you will not only want to reread over and over again but a story that sticks with you long after you put the book down. Sadly some people will give a 5 star review simply because the sky is blue. I give one star to books with no endearing qualities and would serve the world better if they were burned in a trash pile.
City of Glass is bad. Predictable characters, predictable plots. Terrible relationships that are rubbish, personality disorders that don't fit the shoe or the environment. Now Jace is an interesting character and is the real star of the show not Clary the whiny, border line manic depressive. This book has a good writing flow to it and that to me is the only quality trait. This is one of the biggest disappointments for me this year in my reading adventure.

Some other notes:

the forced gay relationship of Alex and Magnus is just terrible. Completely ruins this book. Fighting a battle against demons and asking why didn't you call me back? I wanted to shove nails into my eyes so I couldn't read anymore.

700 year Magnus versus what 16 year old Alex? Ummm pretty gross. talk about old man balls.

chapter 8 I was at 3.5 stars by the end of chapter 10 this book review was at -2.

you need to name your seraph in order for it to work? Dumb.

There are 2 more books in this series alone. I will have a struggle to finish it but I will do it!

Sebastian is freaking awesome!

Jace is a great character too, to bad he is not the main character.

56% and 77025 people gave this a 5 star review. Are you kidding me? My guess is that they are also whiny little girls voting the 5 stars in. I just can't understand it.

I have been reading so much lately. It is becoming obvious to me why crappy books get such good reviews. They play on the emotions that you are currently experiencing. Great books rarely get the reviews from the audience they are addressing because they do not cater to what you want, rather, they give you the tough love that you need, and make you a better person. Something that we typically don't appreciate in the moment