I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Golem and the Jinni

The Golem and the Jinni - Helene Wecker The story of two magical immigrants to America via New York City. Chava the Golem and Ahmad the Jinni. Both are trapped in human form. Chava finds her way to N.Y.C. via transport aboard a ship in which her husband dies. Chava is left confused and uncertain what to do with her life. When she arrives in N.Y.C. she eventually encounters a Rabbi Meyer who instantly recognizes here as a Golem and decides to be her mentor on how to pass as a human.
The Jinni is trapped in a pan that the craftsman Arbeely unknowingly releases. Arbeely in similar fashion as the Rabbi attempts to teach the Jinni he has named Ahmad how to be human.

This story is a finely crafted tale of historical fiction, folklore, a touch of steampunk, fantasy, Jewish mysticism, and Arabic Folklore. All these genres are intertwined to make for one fantastical love story.

An instant classic. A fine tale that has no equal in originality. Helene Wecker also writes like a seasoned pro and have a fine pace to her story as well as an excellent writing voice.

This is one story that I intend to read again and again. I am hopeful that Mrs. Wecker graces us with a new book in the upcoming year. I wouldn't care if the book was entitled "watching paint dry" I would buy it and gobble it down like candy.