I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Giver

The Giver - Lois Lowry I'm at 10% on this one so far on my kindle. My issue with this book so far is that it would appear to me that Lois Lowry borrows to much of her environment from already existing material. This books reads very similar to combination between Logan's Run and 1984.

I was going to up my review to a four star but the ending was just to odd. I can understand why some people are going to hate this book and I also see why others are going to love it. For me, it isn't quite in between. I like this book, and yet, I don't love it either. There was potential for this to be a great story and I think that the author just barely missed it. I wish I could give her a 3.75 for the review because the book is definitely better than a 3 star, however, it also is no way possible for this one to be a 4 star either.