I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

Mirror of the Nameless

Mirror of the Nameless - Luke Walker Interesting book.
It just misses the mark for me in several areas.
The story surrounds a dystopian setting in London area. The world is infected with Nazi like radicals that feed human "sacrifices" to a 200 ft. zombie god. The story is based upon the life of Dave Anderson. He is rescued by his daughter's boyfriend Tom and the vast majority of the story surrounds their adventures to find Dave's daughter and to make a plan to leave the earth for a new one.

The writing style is overly simple and I find that the action scenes are to "dumbed" down. He is a prime example: " The passenger fired a couple of shots at us and then the car was a racing block of metal coming to us." Yeah, I get the picture but it is to simple for the target the audience. The themes within would imply the target age for this is greater than 8 years old.

The character development is pretty good though as you can easily relate to Dave's personality influenced by the situations that he is finding himself thrown into.

For a 200 page book it doesn't read very fast as I think that the story is just missing to much information to hold a persons interest.

I am not bashing the book, I would just like to have seen greater world building and more detail in how the creatures came to be and some of the science behind this dystopian alternate universe.