I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

Ender's Game (Ender, Book 1)

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card INTRO
Ranked as one of the top Science Fiction books of all time. I won't be rating it that high but it is an interesting tale. If I am not mistaken Ender is only 9 years old and if I am not mistaken by the time he is 10 he kills two boys and becomes flagged by the military to save humanity from the aliens which in the story are called "buggers".

FAVORITE QUOTE: " I like your butt let me kiss it."

SUMMARY:
Ender Wiggin (the story protagonist) beats up a gang leader named Stilson, for some strange reason this helps the military decide that Ender is the one to lead and save the world from the "buggers".
Ender’s family is at ends as well. his sister Valentine wants to protect him and his brother Peter wants to kill him.

Ender is protected by the military when Colonel Hyrum Graff and sends him off to Battle School, which is off world on a space ship. Before Ender gets a chance to head off to Battle School, Ender runs into another bully named Bernard, and Ender beats him up also.

Ender does quite well in Battle School because his genius is in understanding there is no up or down in space.
Ender is doesn't get along very well with most of the other students but he does make a friend with other student Alai. Story kind of runs on hear as he learns to shoot a laser gun and deal with the lying and manipulative adults that are actually training Ender to save the world.

A pretty stupid sub plot emerges not sure what Mr. Card was thinking her but back on Earth Peter and Valentine Wiggin are going to take over the world by posting global messages about political opinions.... this is stupid no matter how you look at this part of the story.

Ender is eventually given his own army for the laser tag game called the Dragon Army. He beats Bonzo who in turns eventually tries to kill him.
Colonel Graff takes continues to protect and mentor Ender by sending him to Command School. At this point we find out that Ender has killed both Stilson and Bonzo. Ender has remorse when he finds out that a simulation game against the buggers was actually real.

Valentine convinces Ender to go out to a new colony with her. While at the new colony Ender discovers that the buggers do not hold hard feelings towards him and the past is the past. The buggers left him a bugger pupa in a cocoon so that he can restart the bugger species.

OPINION: I don't get this story. I find it disturbing and yet it is an easy read.

BREAKDOWN STAR REVIEW:

Storyline: I give 3 out of 5 Storyline is congruent and is easy enough to follow. Not believable but then again it is science fiction. Did I mention that Ender is 9 years old?

Writing style: 3 out of 5 stars. Not particularly impressed by Mr. Card's writing style. It is ok and it does make for an easy read. Modern day I would think this would be considered for Young Adult, maybe even for teens.

Depth/Inspiration: 1 out of 5 stars. I'm not seeing a depth or moral to this story. If you see it enlighten me please!

Entertainment/Education value: 4 out of 5 stars. Entertaining enough and somewhat comical in that Ender is so young and his skill comes about by being able to understand gravity. Apparently in the future this is what makes you not only a genius but great.