I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove

The Lust Lizard Of Melancholy Cove - Christopher Moore Not my typical read. I am guessing this story is what they call comical writing. Somewhat entertaining, a few laughs but over all I found it to pretentious, a parody of the small town America, and overall just not that funny.

Summary:
Pine Cove Oregon suffers a major crisis when the town psychiatrist, Val Riordan who has been carelessly issuing prescriptions instead of dealing with the real mental problems of her patients suffers from guilt and substitutes all of her patients' anti-depressants with placebos. At this same time, by coincidence, human-generated environmental activity stirs a prehistoric sea-beast from its underwater keep to come ashore.
In addition to its ability to change form, the beast exudes a pheromone that inspires uncontrollable lust among the residents of Pine Cove and also lures some of them as prey. After mistakenly trying to mate with a fuel truck (causing an explosion), the beast hides in a trailer park, attracting the curiosity of local crazy lady and former B-movie star Molly Michon, who builds a rapport with the injured beast.
Meanwhile, Theophilus Crowe, the town constable, investigates a strange suicide, the activities of his corrupt boss, and his adversely affected marijuana habit. When the beast (whom Molly has named "Steve") starts eating residents of Pine Cove and interfering with Theo's boss's meth business, Molly (who has become romantically involved with the beast) and Theo band together to make possible the beast's safe escape and to take down the boss at the same time.

BREAKDOWN STAR REVIEW:

Storyline: I give 4 out of 5 stars due to it unique and creative story.

Writing style: 2 out of 5 stars. Not terribly well written. Cetainly Mr. Moore writes better than me but I would expect more of an intelligent conversation in the works that I read.

Depth/Inspiration: 2 out of 5 stars. This story is a comedy and a parody of Small town America. Those that can't make it in the big city or are hiding away from the stresses of congestion. There is no depth or inspiration in this story only a brief getaway from reality. It is an easy read one that isn't there to provoke much contemplation.
Entertainment/Education value: 3 out of 5 stars. Definitely entertaining and dear God I hope no educational value. Possibly even worth a reread down the road for me.