I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Catcher in the Rye

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger 2 hours in and I"m trying to figure out what this book is about. This guy is essentially a socially misfit and is fighting against conformity at ever single level. I relate but the story is dysfunctional in its delivery. He is anti establishment to be antiestablishment which I find to be bizarre and confusing.

This book is terribly written, has no plot and there is no antagonist. And yet it somehow works. The writer appears incapable of focusing in on a single thing which is what makes this book work. It is madness to read "Catcher in the Rye" and yet I found myself agreeing with the main character more often than not. I was amused, disturbed.frustrated, and anxious through the entire reading.

If I had to guess that was the intent of J.D. Salinger. A fun confusing disturbing single setting read.