I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Crucible

The Crucible - Arthur Miller, Christopher Bigsby I guess anyone who is persecuted claims innocence. For Arthur Miller to attempt to link the MaCarthur communist hunt to the salem witch hunt type of mentality is crazy. First off, though the communist hunt did terrorize aspects of America and wrongfully accuse many people it did find verifiable communist threats. The witch hunts... how many witches were ever actually found? To be that is a big difference.s

The sad thing is we take a book like this and say "low is me!" and feel justified in our persecution even if the persecution is justified. It is human nature to justify our sins.

The worst part of the MaCarthur trials is the reverse descrimination that came out of it. Socialism now flourishes in America, because now you can't be tried, kicked out of the country for communist beliefs. Even to the point of America electing a President with a very strong socialist agenda. Capitalism is teetering and the the whole reason: "The have not's want want what the haves have."

This play was drummed up form elitist millionaires to protect their interests and income. At least that is how I see it. The play is interesting enough. It sure would have been nice to see Abigail come to justice or Karma if you will bite her in the ass.