I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Vol. 1

Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I -  Arthur Conan Doyle Classics that everyone knows about and just about everyone loves to some extent. Holmes is quite the cocky individual, a drug addict to boot. Yet his insight, intelligence, and wisdom are unequaled by any other character that I am yet to read about.
I enjoy Doyle's writing style, however, many of his shorts are burdensome to read. Not sure why that is perhaps I just tire on the greatness of Holmes and also knowing in advance that the mystery will be solved leaves a tad bit of the mystery out of the equation for me.

Yes, I often like the hero to die and yes I also like mysteries unsolved at times. I like those type of ending also, perhaps I like unsolved endings so that in my own mind I can fantasize about an ending that would be more enticing to myself.