I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson This book has some of the best action scenes imaginable in a real world mystery scenario. Amazing, sutnning and at the points where there was actual action I could not put the book down.
Now the down side is that about 250 pages of this book was spent on useless dribble. The character development without significant events is much akeen to watching paint dry. Or better yet, planting a seed and sitting there waiting until the seed grows into a bloom.
I blame this in part on the translation. The action is to good to discredit this book entirely. I would definite recommned it for reading, however, it will not make my favorites and life is to short for me to read this entire book again. Perhaps if I do give it a second go round I'll start on page 200.