I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

The Two Swords (The Hunter's Blades Trilogy, Book 3)

The Two Swords - R.A. Salvatore I'm a huge fan of Drizzt. The problem that I am having is that I want to continue reading about this drow elf but the author is ever increasingly making him a weak character. Drizzt has never really defeated any large bosses, it always comes at the hands of his companions. Drizzt never finds real love... I suppose because he is always conflicted. Drizzt is never the real hero in any of the stories, it always turns out to be a side kick.Another thing about Salvatore's writings that is starting to wear on me is that none of the main characters ever die, when you think that they do he finds a way to bring them back. Wulfgar should have remained dead, Catti-Brie and Bruenor should both died somewhere along the way as well.

It appears to me that this book was comprised of 380 pages of fluff and no real substance and that is unfortunate. Yes, I will buy the Orc King and continue reading, however, I'm going in assuming to be disappointed once again since this has been the pattern since the Dark Legacy Trilogy.

Come on Mr. Salvatore don't write a book just for a buck put a little passion into it. Kill off a main character once in a while or at the very least but some mystery and unsuspecting turns in the plot for once. Stop writing as if you are trying to create a play guide for a dungeon master somewhere. I see the potential of your characters and the brilliance of your writing style but what I am not finding is a quality story. This one has left me the most disappointed so far. Here's hoping the Orc King breaks this pattern.