I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!
SPOILER ALERT!

Fahrenheit 451 (Spanish Language Edition) (Spanish Edition)

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury This book should be on everyones bookshelves and should be required reading for every middle school student. Instead we force rot our children's brains with Harry Potter nonsense along with other books of fluff and non substance. Farenheit 451 might be science fiction but I believe it to also be an insight into things to come.

It is hard for me to imagine that someone with a phd supposedly would give this book a 1 for review, but at least even that sheds a bit of hope on our civilization. At least for the time being we can all still have our differences. I do question though if it was actually read instead of some form of protest over a required reading.

This is a well thought out short book (approximately 180 pages), no sex scenes, a few curse words (the typical) and even the violent scenes do not dwell on the blood and gut portions of death, therefore making this an acceptable book for any level of reading. I my opinion this should probably be the first science fiction book anyone picks up to read.