I only read when my OCD kicks in

I enjoy reading, however, the bulk of reading only occurs while I am in an OCD focus zone. Last year I read over 70 books but I didn't pick up a book from August 2013 until March 25, 2014... I have already read 3 books this year!

1812: The War That Forged a Nation (P.S.)

1812: The War That Forged a Nation - Walter R. Borneman 1812: The War That Forged A Nation, by Walter R. Borneman, is an enlightening and entertaining story weaved into one.

It was amazing to me to realize what bumbling idiots we allowed to infiltrate not only our military but also our government even at the early time period of 1812. The cast of clowns begins with Aaron Burr but ends with a real hero in "Old Hickory" himself Andrew Jackson. I never realized how close we game to grabbing the lands of Canada. If it weren't for absolute incompetence we would have have certainly more than 50 stars waving on our national flag.

Borneman's book is more of an overview and is many areas is somewhat lacking in the finer details. Fortunately for the book it makes for a quick and enjoyable read.

Breakdown Review:
Storyline: 3 out of 5 more detail in the stories would have been better

Writing style: 5 out of 5 stars. There is candor in Borneman's writing style, something that is unique to a historical book.

Depth: 3 out of 5 stars.

Entertainment/Education value: 4 out of 5 stars. I could see someone teaching a class from parts of this book.